Before taking CAP 105, if someone were to ask me what SEO or SEM stood for I would have given them a blank stare. I now know just how beneficial SEO and SEM can be. SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, while SEM stands for Search Engine Marketing. For this assignment, we were taught how to use Google Ads Keyword Tool. This helpful tool allows the user to input words and receive an output of the most searched related words or keywords. The purpose of this is to inform the user on what words are most used so one can incorporate these words into their website, leading their website to appear higher up on the search list. In the end, we were supposed to have chosen a total of five keywords and put them into Google Ads Keyword Tool and record the related words google provides. From there, we were to use these keywords in sentences and also use one or two in the title of the blog post. Along with these sentences that include the keywords, we were also to provide the number of monthly searches for these words and also the five words we came up with. My words were: movies, cinema, actor, movie character, and sequel. The alternate words that Google Ads Keyword Tool provided were: watch movies online, movie theater, actress, female movie characters, and movie sequels.
Movies (1M – 10M)
Cinema (1M – 10M)
Actor (100K – 1M)
Movie Character (10K – 100K)
Sequel (10K – 100K)
Watch Movies Online (1M – 10M)
- Streaming services, such as Hulu and Netflix, allow users to watch movies online.
Movie Theater (1M – 10M)
- However, the classic viewing in a movie theater will never die.
Actress (100K – 1M)
- Another aspect of film that is changing are lead roles which now feature an actress leading instead of an actor.
Female Movie Characters (1K – 10K)
- Female movie characters in lead roles are becoming more common and appealing.
Movie Sequels (1K – 10K)
- Movie sequels, while usually huge money makers, lessen the diversity of movies on the market.